Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:All mimsy were the borogoves,And the mome raths outgrabe..."


I awoke this morning from a strange dream to people yelling outside my window....some leftover drunks from last night still partying at 7 am.....It took me awhile to get adjusted from waking out of my allready bizarre dream into such a strange enviornment....then I watched THIS...which didn't help at all.....Thanks to Coilhouse {http://www.coilhouse.net/} for making my surreal morning ever surrealer!!!!!


"Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" have been favourite books of mine since I was little....Filled with amazing imagery and left to ALL types of interpretation!!!! I like to re-read it every now and then to see if I get some new insight on it.....


Well Jan Svankmajer definately put his own spin on this classic poem from the story....Jabberwocky is stop motion insanity from start to it's 13 minute finish.....well worth watching...and definately a companion piece to his full length version of "Alice".....which is also pretty STUNNING.....a reading of a poem...and then perhaps a story of rebellion between a child {plaed by an animated suit}...and his punishing father {represented in a portrait}.....

So for your early morning viewing pleasure......"Jabberwocky" by Jan Svankmajer....





XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment