Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dali x Disney

I know ...I know...Dali...so typical right...a knee jerk choice people make when asked about what art they like...but truly he was one of the FIRST artists I became obsessed with....So i will always have a place for him in my heart.....

A few years ago they had an exhibit at the MoMA of all his "movie work" he did...included was this AMAZING piece of animation...a piece he was comissioned to do for Disney but the funding got pulled...he only completed on segment and had to stop...but had story-boards all drawn out...So Disney [present} decided to finish his work using new artists and his original vision...Im not always a fan of this type of thing...but in thsi case...I'll make an exception...I fond it so magical and remniscent of why i fell in love with him and his work in the first place!!!! So I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!!!!

                                                                                   XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment