Thursday, May 26, 2011

OBSESSED: Medical Devices/Prosthetics

I've always had a fascination for things of the medical variety...not a FETISH really because that somehow diminishes it...{or rather makes it more important}.....I especially LOVE vinatge medical devices...specifically restraints...neck braces...corests...leg braces...prostetic limbs....eye patches....Things that help to shape or reshape the body...things that inhibit movement.....I love the crasftsmanship of the old pieces...the leatherwork....the grommetts..the intericate metal structures.....such care was taken to make these things not only well made and durable but yes ,sometimes even BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! And  naturally theres something erotic about it all as well for me at least.......but not meerly that.....but its definately a part of it.....{wink}

I have a small but signifigant collection and it's slowly growing...things are NOT cheap and hard to come by....but i find things here and there.....So please share for awhile in my fascination.....and look beyond the object and see its inherent beauty....

{MOST of these are vintage imagebut there are a few odern re-interpretations as well}

XOXO





















and my creation that brings a fe of my "Obessions" togther!!!!!
{photo :Marlo Gamora, Model: Andrew}

No comments:

Post a Comment