Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Mom"


Mom.....

Thanks for teaching me how to sew...and how to make something beautiful out of the simplest things...how to glue and how to colour...inside or outside the lines...How to revel in the arts and how to pull something out of your mind and make it real.....

Thanks for giving me an appetite for reading...for showing me the wonders of the Library and for giving me the freedom to read whatever I wanted to and to learn as much about anything as I could.....For showing me that even without any money you can take a trip to anywhere you wanted...even worlds noone but you knew existed......

Thanks for all the phone calls...the laughs and the tears...for listing to me prattle on and on about my problems and for opening yourself up to me as well.....for being a freind...but more importantly for being an understanding Mom.....for more than just giving me the answers...for helping me answer my own questions.....

Thanks for making our home safe for my friends......for giving others love when they werent getting any at home...for being a Mom to so many others and for showing me that family doesn't have to have anything to do with blood or genes.....just Love...

Thanks for letting me be myself and in fact encouraging me to do so even though you knew it was going to be a hard life for me...For loving me the way I was and for supporting my choices.....and for defending me against thoses that spoke ill of me!!!!! Thank you for being yourself as well!!!! You were an early fashion icon of mine...the way you wore what you liked no matter what people said...your style and your irreverence was always an inspiration.....and when i walk into a room of laughing judging faces...I think of you and I hold my head high and keep on walking!!!!!!




Thanks for never making my sexuality an issue....and for in fact "Outing" me!!! {Someone had to do it!!!!}

Thanks for being so young at heart...for remebering the importancing of playing and imagination and for always wanting to take a swing on a swingset.....and reminding people that your NEVER to old to enjoy your life!!!!! Especially if that means sliding down a slide or kicking a ball!!!!

Thanks for teaching me the best middle finger throwing technique!!! Especially while driving!!!!

Thank you for passing on your insomnia to me...without that I would NEVER get any work done!!!!!

and Mom...thank you for being you...always and forever...for being honest and flawed...for being strong and trustworthy...for being beautiful and relaxed.....for setting an example and for staying yourself through hardships and celebrations....Thank you Mom....for....everything!!!!!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment