Monday, September 5, 2011

My Fairy Godmother



                                                     Marion Britton 4/28/48-9/11/01


If you want to hear some kind of political rant you came to the wrong place...if you want someone to point a finger and place the blame...please go somewhere else...if you want someone to rally around all the hype and wave the flag of righetiousness....you've picked the wrong guy....me...I just miss my Aunt....

10 years later and sometimes it feels like it didn't happen..... but it did...weather it's that hole that still sits there downtown reminding us...or the hole in my heart that will never be filled...it happened...and it affected us all in some way....for me it just happens to be personal.....


For those that don't know my Aunt was killed on Flight 93 on 9/11.....Marion Britton...she was loud and outspoken....bigger than life and opinionated as hell.....she was human and flawed and wonderful...she was my aunt whom I so gayly dubbed my "Fairy Godmother"...we didn't see her alot...mostly holidays...but when we did she showered us with gifts and food and love.....she made us feel so special and used to let us collect all the change from her car and keep it!!!! She played board games with us and yelled as loud as we did{and sometimes cheated}...and she snuck away with us during my brothers wedding to get White Castle.....she was a partner in crime.....


She was also a very secretive person and there was so much I never knew about her...so much NONE of us knew about her...and things that now I will never get to know about her.....and so many things I will never be able to share with her either.....Pieces of my life that I'm so proud of...things I've acomplished...dreams finally fufilled....she will never know

So this year...10 years later...I choose to stay home....I won't be attending the memorial in Shanksville PA.....I cannot deal with being there again with so many people and the media and everything.....My family will be there and I'm sad to not be with them...but I just can't.....What I will most likely do...Is go have a nice dinner....by myself...somewhere fancy and delicious and eat until I can't eat anymore...then go get a Bear Claw and sit in the park....remembering how my aunt used to laugh...{mostly AT other people...}....thinking of her...in my own way....the way I need too....and maybe wishing for a second she was there with me.....Sharing a treat.....

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I miss her too. I didn't know her well but she was so full of life and accepting of all of our "crazy".

    ReplyDelete