Thursday, December 1, 2011

"Rich for Points": Pepper LaBeija


From the moment you walked on the screen I was entranced.....CLEARLY the fiercest of them all the Queens in "Paris is Burning"....and DAMN does that bitch know how to make an entrance!!!!!!If I was around then I would have walked for the house of LaBeija...I would have worn my FIERCEST look and pranced like my life depended on it......Just so you could be my Mother and I could perhaps one day be one of the LEGENDARY children.......filled with OPULENCE and giving you REALNESS daily darling!!!!!





I never met you [Obviously} but you are always with me...especially when I am looking particularly OVAH and walking down the street...because in my head I hear...."La Beija...La Beija...La...La...LABeijah...Pepper L Beijah...Peper....La...Beijah..." and I stomp down the street like i am in a ball...and I smile and I hope somewhere your smiling too!!! Even if it's to laugh at a white boy trying to be FIERCE....


Rest in Peace Mama.....
1950-2003

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment