Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In Every Dream Home.......a Heartache......


This house is right near where my parents live now...I drive past it when i go there......I stare out the window and I imagine living there....and I LUST....and I imagine......a musty library with a ladder filled with all my books reaching the ceiling....a beautiful foyer filled with Lady Slippers,stag horn ferns and Bleeding hearts.....peeling Victorian wallpaper revealing more and more layers underneath.....a menagerie of taxedermy and skulls...a Wunderkammer of horror and delight.......a Damask lined sitting room with a fireplace with well worn velvet furnature in varying stages of disrepair.....all kinds of skeletal furnature craling along hallways in churchillian style......paintings and photographs layered upon each other creating stories on top of stories on top of stories........a real kitchen with a trapdoor to a basement workspace.....and up in that attic room...the one with the amazing windows almost like a face...the Master bBedroom.....where i sit at the window in my Victorian wheelchair and watch the world outside.....

{le sigh......}

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment