Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whats "Black and White and Red All Over"????


So when I was around 12-13...I used to go to the Library my Mom worked in in Elmont Long Island and play Dungeons and Dragons on the weekend...I started to go because I was a geek and I loved immersing myslef in a  strange and mythical world...but ALSO I was in love with my Dungeon Master...a flaming Ginger with an amazing Hook Arm!!! i used to love the way the sun glinted off its curved edge and imagined it cold against my cheek....but sureley...{and pourposefully}.... i digress.....

I was a nerd...a geek...still am really...I was obtuse and ignored and even among geeks i was an outcast occasionally...I walked in too many worlds and people didnt know what to call me...geeknerdwimpfaggotqueerhomogothnewwavepunkbeetllejuiceedwardscissorhandslookinmutherfucker.....So sometimes i felt like a REAL outsider...and still do....

....and one day in Barnes and Noble i stumbled across this AMAZING magazine filled with so many of the worlds i LOVED...Art...Fashion...Darkness...Humour....all wrapped up and a shiny shiny box with a sultry velvet ribbon on it....this magazine was COILHOUSE.....I am a self professed magazine WHORE with a monthly spending budget im ashamed of sometimes...but THIS...THIS was exquisite.....and I wait with baited breath for the release of each issue.....Because here were people who understood my outsiderness...who walked in many worlds like myself and who celebrated this diversity of intrests...it wast just a "goth" magazine...{thank GOD}...or was it a geeks only magazine......or for fashionistas...but somehow an amalgamation of everything.....something for those of us with intrests spilling out of us at ADD speed!!! Insomniacs who devour data all night long....gutter laying fashionistas who stare constantly at stars.....Alien pop stars who long for love and sing arias to outser space......for all of us......


{illustraion by: Kurt Komoda}               
So I recently met Meredeth from the Stygian trio of COILHOUSE ladies...{I met Zoe once briefely in NY at a Dances of Vice event... http://www.dancesofvice.com/, but I have yet to meet the elusive Nadya} and I was entranced...We hit it off swimmingly and she told me of a party they were planning ...in New York of all places...a fundraiser of sorts.....Hmmmmm...Colour me intrigued......



So almost magically and amazingly {allthough im SURE with A LOT of hard work on their part} the "Black and White and Red all Over Ball" was born...Filled wih Art and performers and music and dancing...underground luminaries and perfomance artists....the costumed and the costumers...Silent auctions and slight of hand.....the big...the bold...the brash...New Yorks FINEST Sons and Daughters and all those inbetween!!!!!

So come and donate some money to a magazine {and a blog} unlike any other...above every other...and beyond anything you'd ever imagined!!!!! this is a good cause and an AMAZING night....filled indeed with spectacle and debauchery.....you will NOT regret it and i PERSONALLY guarantee you a great time!!!!!

Get tickets here:https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/191788
Find info here:http://coilhouse.net/2011/08/calling-all-east-coast-beasties-coilhouse-fundraising-party-in-nyc-sunday-august-21st/
RSVP on Facebook here:http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114752155289228

PLEASE....Come and suppot people that are doing something amazing and important...and doing it with STYLE...we need MORE of this people!!!!!! Ill see you there!!!!!

                                                                                 XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment