Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kris Kutsi: Worlds on top of worlds on top of worlds on top of worlds....{and some miniature chairs too!!}..


It all started with a random Facebook post as these things tend to do sometimes these days and instead of going home and resting i was at a gallery opening for Kris Kuksi an amazing artist...whos work is kinda hard top explain...it sculpture and collage...but so much more...my friend Gooby who I went with described it to his girlfriend as..."If HR Giger came from ancient Bali"...and to me that sounds about right...

I mean these things are STUNNING....weather huge or small the level of detail is just mind numbing...the question isn't just 'Where does he START???" it's "When does he STOP!!!!'.....Rococo swirls and saints...army men and squirrels....aArt Nouveaux ladies and skeletons of all kinds and species...tanks and weapons....nudity and war....and chairs...teeny tiny little minuscule chairs....all glued and painted to make these amazingly massive creations....things on top of things above things around things...but NEVER looking chaotic...ALWAYS ALWAYS intentional and thought out...no mistakes...no randomness...everything has a place...and there is room for the eye to rest...only to find moe things...underneath ...even the SIDES of the sculptures!!!!! I mean...I can't even.....Im getting worked up again just typing this!!!!!!

I mean really all you can kind of do is stare slack jawed and drool and feel as if you have done absolutely nothing to this level of creativity yourself!!!! I am so happy technology is what it is and I fought off my weariness to see this magic!!! it invigorated and inspired me...and maybe...made me REALY REALLY jealous!!!!!! you MUST GO!!!!! PLEASE....





This STUNNER greeted you...it evokes Birth of Venus...as well as Holy MAry...as well as Indoian deities...as well as the Museum of Natural History.....












THIS is one of my FAVOURITE ONES!!!! its HUGE but is still so delicate and detailed!! SICKENING!!!!







SEE this is the SIDE!!! the SIDE!!!!!




I mean...really!?!?!?!? AMAZING!!!







Love this Art Nouveaux Dame and her Obsidian  skeletal companion....

No comments:

Post a Comment