Sunday, March 18, 2012

Museum of Natural History: My Home Away from Home....


When I was young i used to want to live at the Museum of Natural History...we went there pretty much every year of elementary school and it was an amazing fantasy land for me as a young nerd....I was always fascinated with Biology and Science...animals and insects outer and inner space...so this was my childhood Mecca...spending loud afternoons laying under the giant whale....sitting alone in the Hall of Minerals....studying the amazing skeletons of dinosaurs....I could spend all day there....dreaming...wishing...wondering...LEARNING....{imagine THAT!!!}

We went back just recently...and its amazing how little has changed....When i walked through the doors it was like I was 8 years old again....Most of the exhibits are exactly the same as i remember...with the exception of the "Hall of Biodiversity" which is just STUNNING!!! I wish my apartment could look like this....an amazing amalgamation of creatures all organized and displayed like some mad explorers discoveries...needless to say i spent a HUGE about of time there drooling over the specimens....wondering how much I could fit into my bag......

So I hope you enjoy my photos from the day...and I hope you enjoy it with the child-like abandon I did that day.....

XOXO

and if you get a chance make sure to lay under the whale....no really get on the floor and lay right under it...it's AMAZING!!!!!!! and it will make you feel like a kid again!!!














MOST of the next 20 or so photos are from the "Hall of Biodiversity"...pretty magical stuff...


























A portrait of the explorer Himself!!!!


{a view from under the whale }










the "Hall of Minerals" a 60's Kubrickian labyrinth that feels like a Sci-Fi movie set......another 






No comments:

Post a Comment